This is going to be a great ShmoozaPalooza. With a 5-year track record of success in producing job fair and networking events, the Portland Shmooz will surely be another success. The Northwest’s greatest companies, and hundreds of outstanding career-minded individuals will come together to ensure the event is successful.
In addition to traditional job fair and networking throughout the day (ending at 4pm) this event will transform into a cocktail hour / reception from 4pm to 8pm.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
11am – 4pm – Job Fair / Networking
4pm – 8pm – Cocktails / Reception
240 North Broadway #115
Portland, Oregon 97227
Thursday June 4, 2009
6:30 PM - 10:30 PM
1875 SE Belmont St
Portland, OR 97214
Social Media, Social Web, Social Networking, Community Director…. what do those terms mean to you and/or your company? Do you or your company understand that Twitter is a platform more akin to good old IM than a social network? Is Facebook a social network or an online community or both? Does it matter? Our panel of venerable experts will attempt to steer us through this topical minefield during the discussion.
- Dave Allen - Director of Insights and Digital Media at Nemo Design; @Pampelmoose, pampelmoose.com
- Tony “Frosty” Welch - Web, Community and Social Media Strategy Personal Systems Group at HP, Community Manager for theNextBench.com; @frostola, frostyland.com
- James Todd - Software Engineer for Twine at Radar Networks; @jwtodd, twine.com
- Matt Savarino - Lead Information Architect at K2 Sports and creator of Ridertech; @ridertech, ridertech.com
- Lee Crane - action sports online veteran; leecrane.com
- Marshall Kirkpatrick (Moderator) - Vice President of Content Development and Lead Writer at ReadWriteWeb; @marshallk, readwriteweb.com
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the panel will begin at 7:00 p.m.
RSVP: Pre-registration is $20, and walk-ups at the door are $25. REGISTER AT http://tinyurl.com/groupY-6-4-09
group Y and Nemo invite all those involved with the action sports, entertainment & communications industries to attend. College Students interested in action sports and youth marketing are welcome to attend.
About Nemo Design
Nemo means Nobody. Highly collaborative, integrated marketing that is media agnostic. The biggest ideas, the best context, and the deepest impact are all we’re concerned about as we build visionary brands. We use (or invent) whatever media and tools will resonate within a culture. “Does it change the game?” is our collective mission as we evolve interactive design, social networks, PR, environmental design, print design, photography, entertainment and original content. For more information on Nemo visit: nemohq.com.