The State Of Surf 2016
For the first time ever, TRANSWORLD BUSINESS, powered by Group Y, is bringing its STATE OF SURF 2016 report to life with an event that gathers surf industry veterans, enthusiasts, and anyone interested in learning more about the surf community.
From 6:30-9:30 p.m. on November 16, 2016, join us at TEN: The Enthusiast Network’s Carlsbad, California headquarters for a lively discussion centered around state of the surf industry, including participation, retail, the 2020 Olympics, and what’s next.
Keynote Interview with:
• Iconic Surfer Rob Machado
• Firewire CEO Mark Price
• Hurley Marketing Director Pat O’Connell
• General Admission Marketing Director Damien Fahrenfort
ABOUT THE STATE OF SURF 2016
The Transworld Business STATE OF SURF is a data-driven, insightful look into the surf community that can be used to gain a better understanding of what’s driving growth and impacting sales in the space. This year’s report combines proprietary research, third-party data, and direct access to the world’s largest endemic consumer base to create a comprehensive snapshot of the current market, including retail trends and consumer behavior.
• Surfing participation has grown an average of 1% annually over the past five years. In 2015, there were 2.7 million surfers. [Source: SFIA.org]
• 39% of surfers said they bought their last surfboard at a surf shop.
• 63% of surf retailers predicted sales growth in 2016.
The consumer survey, based on a sample from SURFING and SURFER’s digital audience, takes a critical look at brand loyalties and influences to find out what surfers are buying, where they’re buying it, and how often. On the retail side, our research reveals what’s happening inside key specialty surf shops across the country, providing direct quantitative and qualitative information about the institutions that many consider to be the backbone of the industry.